I have chosen the WordPress CMS platform to deliver a huge bulk of that work to my clients because it is open source, very well supported, easy to use for my clients and offer a huge and ever growing amount of templates that allow rapid and affordable quality web site creation and support, it generally beats Drupal and Joomla hands down in my eyes (and most others).
The basic process for WordPress web design:
Please read this page and fill in the Web Design Quote Form.
I will take the basic requirements you send me and ask you some specific questions so I can then quote you properly.
I will show my price list and then you will be able to see how costings will accrue dependent on functionality needed, design work required, overall complexity and general man hours involved.
Things I require
Here are the vital things I will need before we start work.
- LOGO – Your logo in a suitable size – logo design on request from £250 – see examples. LOGO DESIGN EXAMPLES
- TEXT – All text descriptions (services, products, about us, contact directions…)
- IMAGES – All images – unless you need me to source and buy copyrighted images that work well for your design – this service is from £75 for up to 8 images and does not include the price of images I suggest (often around £5-10 each I usually source and suggest about 25 images for a set of 8.
- HOSTING – If you have hosting already, I will move this to my own quality hosting free of charge and give you 1 years free hosting, updates, emails and 24/7 support – Renewal after the first year for these services is only £20 per month paid up front or monthly.
- DETAILS – Web domain details (where you bought the name from) I can buy on your behalf free of charge and recommend a name if needed or simply go to: 123 reg for UK domains co.uk, org.uk, or Godaddy for .com’s, I do not recommended .nets or .orgs; generally, though there are exceptions.
- DESIGNS – Any designs that you like the look of.
- SERVICES – Information on other services that you may need from me, consulting, strategy, SEO, PPC, animated explainer videos.
- GUIDELINES – Any brand guidelines.
- FUNCTIONALITY – Any must have functionality so I can quote on this.
- LOGINS – Your social logins or profile details (Twitter, Facebook etc).
- TIME – Any timescales.
Get me + small team of specialists (if needed):
For your project you will get to work with me and if and when needed I use 1 or 2 key 3rd party providers of exceptional quality for development and other specialist services, only if I am unable to deliver the quality or complexity needed, which is admittedly rare.
Templates v bespoke theme design?
I am going to sell both options here and you can decide the best route with some clear fundamentals underpinning your choice.
1) Template themes:
- Affordable to purchase and use
- Tested/working on all browsers and mobile devices
- Quickly visualise a rough design
- Your own website will not look the same as you will have layout changes, colours, logos and text
- Themes make life simpler
- Most websites follow very basic principles: Header, menu/navigation, 1/4, 1/2/ 1/3 page layouts, headers, images etc.
- Originality is rare and in some cases not a good idea
- People do not want to think how to use your site
- The theme you use will show in the source code
- There can be similar looking sites around (though most unique general design takes away any similarity)
2) Bespoke themes:
- Unique to you
- Much more expensive to develop
- Huge amount of design work and testing
- More costly to support for issues
- Need extra cost for responsive design (mobile, iPad etc)
Why do I cost more than others?
Quite simply I am thankfully in demand, and my time and skills are very high compared to my competition, I have put in serious time and effort over 7 + years to be where I am in terms of what I deliver, and this equates to money for expert time.
Remember that experts save you headache and open up areas that you would potentially never have considered, a worthy investment for most who are serious about their project.
I not only do web design I also work as a digital marketing consultant to my clients, one that has been trusted with developing and implementing a multitude of high level and hugely integrated strategies for PLC’s and companies with multi-million pound profit and turnovers.
- My designs stand above others
- Projects are delivered on time, every time
- I add value along the way in many areas
- I can help you with SEO, PPC and high quality video animations
- My rates are affordable
- I will stay in business so I can work with you on an ongoing basis and you will not need to find another provider